De Quervain’s tenosynovitis is a painful condition that affects the tendons on the thumb side of your wrist. Chiropractors can offer several treatments to help alleviate the pain and promote healing, including:
- Joint manipulation: Chiropractors can manipulate the affected joint to help restore normal movement and reduce pain.
- Soft tissue therapy: Soft tissue therapy, such as massage or myofascial release, can help reduce inflammation and promote healing in the affected area.
- Therapeutic exercises: Your chiropractor may recommend specific exercises to help stretch and strengthen the affected tendons, which can help improve range of motion and reduce pain.
- Ergonomic recommendations: Chiropractors can also provide advice on ergonomics, such as how to properly hold objects and adjust your workspace, to help reduce strain on the affected tendons.
- Modalities: Modalities such as ultrasound or electrical stimulation may also be utilized to help reduce inflammation and pain.
It’s important to note that treatment plans may vary depending on the severity of the condition and individual patient needs. It’s recommended that you consult with a licensed chiropractor to determine the best course of treatment for your specific condition.